Friday, July 27, 2007

MLM Success Secret - The Power of Focus

The other day I was reading my Bible and a Book called Dream Seeds by Mike Murdock and a word flashed into my mind. The word was "focus." That began a whole series of thoughts.
You have a tendency to move in the direction of your focus. Not only so, the things that you focus on have a tendency to move in your direction as well. Think about how powerful this is. This is why those who focus on illness usually magnify their illness or end up inviting more of the same into their lives. Those who focus on being "fat" are more than likely going to get fatter! Those who focus on a "bad day" are going to probably make their day even worse.
If you want to change your life, simply change your focus. Napoleon Hill said something like this: "Focus on the things you want and get your mind off the things you do not want." When you focus on what you want, it eventually shows up in your life. Let me illustrate:
I currently drive a 2001 Toyota Avalon XLS. It is a beauiful car and I really like it. Before I bought the car I was focusing on purchasing one and you know what? I began seeing them everywhere! They began showing up in my life because of the power of focus. Sure, they were there anyway, but I just didn't see them. However when I focused on what I wanted, an Avalon, they were all over the place. Evenually, because of my focus, I purchased one. This is a simple illistration, but it happens every day.
Just think what would happen if you focused on success! Success is everywhere. Riches are everywhere. We just don't see them because of our improper focus. Too often we are focused on what we do not want. Take debt for example. If you want become debt free you have to STOP focusing on debt. The word debt has to be erased from your vocabulary (and thoughts). Focus on abundance, the very thing you do want. If you focus on debt, it will just manifest more in your life. If you focus on wealth, more income will flow in your life.
When you focus on abundance, you mind will unconsciously goes to work coming up with ideas to bring abundance into your life. Thesw ideas often present themselves in the way of a hunch. Let me give you an example. About 4 weeks ago I called a friend about a fuel reformulator that I sell called Ethos FR. In our conversation he asked me what I really wanted. That was simple, I want to be a millionaire in five years (or sooner!). He began to share with me about a new MLM that was just getting ready to launch called Talk Fusion. He told me to take a look at the website and once I did, I would lose sleep over it. Well, I did! I had a hunch that this was for me. Why did this opportunity appear in my life? I believe it is because of my focus. I was focusing on wealth and an opportunity to move me toward my goal showed up. Focus is a magnet, so be careful what you focus on because sooner or later you will get it!
The late Earl Nightingale said, "Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity." To be prepared, you must focus on what you want. As far as opportunity goes, it's everywhere, and you will recognize it when you see it if you are in the proper focus.

No comments: