Monday, October 8, 2007

MLM Success Secret - Be Flexible

Being flexible is one of the hardest things a human being can do. It seems like the age of flexibility lasts until just prior to our teenage years and then we begin to harden. By the time we reach 30 years of age we are pretty much set. The box for our life has been formed and we live within the confines of that rigid limited box! Everything and everyone in life is judged by our perception of the world…our box. Our politics, our religion, our prejudices’ are all set…and that’s too bad! The good news is you can change all that be learning love and embrace change.

If you are blessed, something will come into your environment to crush your box. This happened to be when I was in my mid-thirties. Something devastating happened in my life that shocked me and caused me to start re-thinking my life. My box was crushed and I was lost as to what to do. As a result of this experience I began to be flexible again. I began to look at things differently and be more open to possibilities. As a result my life began to turn around in a most profound way. I began to see that life does not have to have limitations. Life doesn’t have to have boundaries and fences. Life is an adventure and what a privilege that we have been given by God to live it to its fullest! But we can never live life to its fullest as long as we live in “our box.”

The temptation, for me, was to build another box and lose the flexibility of an opened mind. I gave into that temptation without even knowing it. But for some wonderful reason, God did not want that for me; so more things came to deal with the new box that I created and bam...another box crushed! Thank the Living God for that!

Through all of these “box crushing’s” I began to see that life isn’t a box. Life is full of unlimited possibilities that await anyone who is flexible and has an open mind. The only limitations in life are those that we create in our own mind. To be truly successful in network marketing or anything else in life, for that matter, it is imperative that we are flexible…in other words; we must be willing to change. What a blessing to be open to change; to embrace change and see it as God’s way of directing your path to greater riches. I am not just talking about financial riches, but all the riches of life.

Take prospecting, for example. If you are not flexible, you will pigeon-hole the people that you talk to and you might just pass up your next front-line diamond! Your “boxed” opinion of people may keep you from discovering great possibilities! Be open; take people at their word and give them a chance. Exercise much flexibility when it comes to people and you will be most blessed. I like what Jesus said in the Gospels, “Unless you are like a little child, you cannot enter the kingdom of God.” Little children are most flexible and trusting. Children live in possibilities. They let their imagination run wild and see everything with a can-do attitude. Oh how precious to be like a little child!

All the success stories of prior years came from people who were flexible. Thomas Edison, one of my favorites, was extremely flexible. He was willing to change very easily. He tried over 10,000 times to develop the incandescent light bulb and experienced failure after failure. A person without flexibility would have realized after, maybe, 100 attempts that it couldn’t be done. I believe the true number is MUCH less than that! If Mr. Edison would have not been flexible, we would still by living by candlelight today! Napoleon Hill, one of the greatest millionaire creators in human history spend 20 years of his life working, without pay, for Andrew Carnegie, on the development of the Science of Getting Rich and was scorned by many for spending all that time in chasing that fantasy without being paid for it. If Mr. Hill would have not been flexible, he would have given up in just a few short years and we would not have the wonderful classic, “Think and Grow Rich!” This can be said for EVERY great achiever in human history.

In network marketing, you must be willing to change. Be flexible. Be like a little child—willing to experiment and try new things. Be willing to “go out on the limb” to achieve your dreams. Don’t stay in your box! Destroy the box that you created and you will discover the unlimited potential all around you. If I hadn’t destroyed my box, I would not be where I am today!

The MLM success secret of flexibility is vital to your ongoing success in network marketing. Don’t let people put you in a box and don’t allow yourself to build one!

No comments: